I need to let you know what happens with your personal data and how we use it. It’s not a particularly engaging subject, but in order to stay on the right side of the law, here are the details…
Be assured that we never sell, rent or otherwise distribute your personal information or the data that you may provide either directly through the sites or direct contact with us, or indirectly through third party suppliers (see below for more info)
Although I (Sharon O’Brien) predominantly run the business, I do have help from my team, who may have access to your information; this is why in the information below I refer to ‘us’ and ‘we’ in the business.
- WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
We may collect and process the following types of data from you:
- Identity and contact data such as email address, first name, last name, title, address, telephone numbers, business name, username and date of birth
- Additional personal data when necessary to fulfil a service or contract with you
- Transaction data such as purchase details but excluding financial data
- Technical and usage data such as IP address, your browsing history on our sites and device information
- HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA
We collect data from and about you when you:
- Subscribe to our services or newsletter
- Correspond with us by post, phone email or otherwise
- Fill in forms
- Order our products or services
- Provide feedback to us
- Use our websites
- HOW WE USE AND PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We only use your personal data when we have a valid reason. The legal bases for processing your data are generally consent that you have clearly given, to fulfil a contract with you or our legitimate interests. We may use your data when we are legally obliged in order to fulfil statutory requirements.
We store your personal data for a maximum of 2 years, except where we are legally required to retain financial and accounting data, which we will retain for 6 years.
We use your data to:
– Fulfil a contract between us
– To provide a service requested by you
– To send marketing communications via email
– To provide content relevant to you and measure the effectiveness of our advertising
– To improve our websites, products and services
– To comply with a legal obligation
– To protect your vital interests
– To protect our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party
- WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use software platforms and payment gateways to store and process your information including: Mailchimp, Google Docs, Calendly, Paypal, Xero, iZettle
Where these sites are based in the United States, we will only transfer your personal data to them if they are part of the EU-US Privacy Shield.
- DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may disclose your information to members of our organisation to enable us to carry out the delivery of our products and services. We will only disclose your information externally where we have a duty to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or where we may sell any part of the businesses or assets.
- YOUR RIGHTS
You have the right to:
– Access, correction, erasure of your personal data
– Objection to and restriction of processing of your personal data
– Transfer of your personal data
– Withdrawal of your consent where provided
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us at email@example.com. We aim to respond as soon as possible and in any case, within 30 days of your request.
Unless specifically requested, we do not delete your data if you unsubscribe from direct marketing, but hold your information as ‘suppressed’ within our data processing platforms.
We may update this policy from time to time. Material changes or changes that affect your rights will be notified via email and/or a notification on our website. This policy is effective from 23rd May 2018.